You're trying to file your monthly CIS300 submission or make subcontractor tax treatment verifications and you see this message;
Not what you wanted to see...
There are usually three reasons for this
Reason 1: Gateway Solver was recently installed on this PC but has not yet been activated.
Reason 2: There has been a change to the hardware configuration of this PC and Gateway Solver believes that it has been moved to a new PC and is therefore not yet activated... See Reason 1...
Reason 3: Your Gateway Solver license has lapsed.
HM Revenue & Customs require us to ensure control and security of the messages between your computer and their servers. We do this by licensing one or more specific PC's on your office network to file online.
The solution for this issue is:
- From the Gateway Solver Main Menu, select "My Account" to view the status of your license and activated companies.
Select "My Account" from the Gateway Solver Main Menu
- The "My Account" window will display:
"My Account" shows currently activated machines for your current unique Machine Code / Fingerprint.
It may also show the companies that you have active, their UTR and license renewal date. Expired licenses are shown here in red.
- If you see the message, "No authorised companies have been found for your machine. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a company activating", please send an email or log a support ticket with the machine code shown (e.g. "24195860") and we will migrate your existing license to your new PC.
- If you see your company or companies shown in red with an expired license, or if you notice your license is approaching its renewal date, contact us to renew it.
- If your license is approaching its renewal date, Gateway Solver will prompt you with a reminder notification bubble on the bottom right corner of your desktop each time you launch Gateway Solver.